A collection of Random Thoughts about Life, My New Weight Loss Journey with the Lap Band, Love, and Learning to Deal with the Curves that the Path brings Along the Way...

Friday, July 9, 2010

A Small Step in the Right Direction!

I keep reading about little victories that make each day special, and folks today I one. I know it seems early in my weight loss journey to be experiencing this, but man oh man it felt good!!!! Today I wore a pair of pants that used to be very tight on me and a Shirt that used to fit me pretty snug too. Well today, my pants were dragging the floor because they were baggy and my shirt fit me completely different and looked great on me. The best part of this is I had worn this shirt to work many, many times in the past, but for some reason, people noticed the shirt on me like it was brand new! Today was the first day that people REALLY noticed that I am losing weight. I had several compliments, but that wasn't the best part of all. The best buddy of my soon to be wedding date (I mentioned him in my previous two posts) came into the office and when he saw me he made a face as if to say "What the hell did you do to yourself?" ( in a GOOD way, not in a bad way at all) and shot me a big smile. I am hoping that report makes it back to my date-to-be...it can only help score points, right? It just made me feel REALLY good, and made me realize that perhaps the whole experience is going to be worth it. I also had another co-worker stop in to check up on how I am feeling post surgery. He said he was glad I was feeling good, and said I was looking great! I have never been one to take compliments well, but I guess I better start getting used to it.
He did offer one piece of advice though that I WILL take to heart. He told me that his sister had lap-band surgery, but that she became a completely different person after she lost weight. He begged me to please "Never Change" and "Never lose who I am." I smiled at him and assured him that I will always be the same "silly, goofy 'tard that I am right now - nothing could change that." His reply touched me, he said "...and that is exactly what we love about you."
I don't want vanity to become the forefront of my personality. I don't want to change the person I am on the inside, except maybe to improve on my self-confidence. I sure hope I can hold true to the words I told him. No matter what, I wanna be the same person - only with a new and improved body. =o)

No comments:

Post a Comment